A Wet Week Ahead

 Posted by at 12:36 am  Nick's Blog
Jul 152024
 

According to the weatherman, we have a wet week ahead of us. Or at least a good chance of a wet week. Starting today and tomorrow there is a 20% chance of rain, which increases to 80% by midweek. We won’t complain about that. The news says we are in a moderate drought, and our […]

Jul 142024
 

I know I’m beginning to sound like a broken record, but yesterday was another good writing day, 2,250 words in my new Tinder Street book, The War Years. Previous books in the series have run from a low of 96,842 words (A Changing World) to 105,823 (the first book in the series, Tinder Street). I […]

Jul 132024
 

The United States Postal Service (USPS) has been taking a lot of hits in recent years from customers unhappy with their service, or I should say lack of service. And in many cases, those hits are well deserved. Back when we were publishing the Gypsy Journal, we started out sending the papers out by Standard […]

Jul 122024
 

We had a rather unpleasant start to the day yesterday. We received a letter from the State of Alabama telling us that the $3,000 credit we were supposed to receive off our state income taxes for the purchase of our storm shelter was disallowed because the paperwork we sent in did not include a separate […]

June Q&A

 Posted by at 1:00 am  Nick's Blog
Jun 272024
 

I’m back with more questions from blog readers about RVing, my writing activities, what’s happening in our lives since we hung up the keys, and all kinds of other things. While I try to answer all questions individually, I also share some here occasionally. Q. For a while you were giving us updates on your […]

Sneak Thief

 Posted by at 12:45 am  Nick's Blog
May 262024
 

As predicted, yesterday was a scorching day. If the thermometer didn’t hit 90°, I know it came close. I spent much of the day writing, getting another chapter done in my new Tinder Street book. Then I went through and reviewed the last several chapters I had written, making a few minor changes before I […]

Another Busy Day

 Posted by at 12:40 am  Nick's Blog
May 242024
 

Yesterday was another busy day for us, starting with an early morning phone call from Pickins County Primary Care asking me to come in for some lab work. I’m not sure what that was about because they just did labs when we had an appointment there last week. But I told them I would be […]

Friday Q&A

 Posted by at 12:40 am  Nick's Blog
Apr 262024
 

I’m back with more questions from blog readers about RVing, my writing activities, what’s happening in our lives since we hung up the keys, and all kinds of other things. While I try to answer all questions individually, I also share some here occasionally. Q. You wrote about the Real Relax massage chair that Terry […]

One More To Go

 Posted by at 12:32 am  Nick's Blog
Apr 202024
 

Yesterday I uploaded the audiobook of The Hard Years, the fourth book in my Tinder Street family saga, and it is now available on Amazon and audible.com. That leaves just one more audiobook in the Tinder Street series to be formatted and uploaded, A Changing World, at least for the time being. Somebody asked if […]

Apr 082024
 

Sometimes you live with something because it works, even if it’s not always convenient. I do that with the characters in my books. For each series, I have a list of the main and recurring characters, their physical traits, and a small bit of their history that I can refer to as I’m writing. That […]

Happy Birthday Kenny

 Posted by at 12:14 am  Nick's Blog
Apr 062024
 

Before I do anything else today, I want to wish our son-in-law, Kenny Conrad, a happy birthday. Kenny is a great guy, a loving husband, and a fantastic father. What more could we want for our daughter? Well, to have them live nearby. But aside from that, no complaints here. I hope you have a […]

It’s April Already?

 Posted by at 12:30 am  Nick's Blog
Apr 012024
 

Can you believe it’s April already? I can’t. I think it was just a week or so ago that we were buying Halloween candy. Where does the time go? I don’t know, but it goes darn fast when you get to be our age. But that’s all right, because I get to spend it with […]

She Spoils Me

 Posted by at 12:40 am  Nick's Blog
Mar 302024
 

We all know that Miss Terry spoils me. Whether it’s her delicious meals, a tray of piping hot peanut butter cookies right out of the oven, or a birthday cake every year. Not to mention doing so much to keep our home and business running smoothly and helping me with my physical issues. Yes, I […]

A Happy Lady

 Posted by at 12:36 am  Nick's Blog
Mar 232024
 

Yesterday morning started with a phone call from our friend Wayne. Wayne and his special lady Anita are the folks who took down our two hay sheds, and also stripped all of the old wiring from the barn. A while back Anita got a couple of my books and said she really enjoyed them, so […]

Will It Ever End?

 Posted by at 12:25 am  Nick's Blog
Mar 162024
 

The thunder rumbled and the rain poured for much of Thursday night, but had pretty much stopped by the time we got up yesterday morning. It rained a bit off and on through the day, but nothing that amounted to much, and not nearly as much as the weatherman had predicted. However, we’re supposed to […]

Mar 112024
 

Yesterday, Tiffany and Destiny spent the day and night hanging out with Travis and Geli, something they don’t get to do very often because they live so far apart. They had a wonderful time exploring the area together, and later on Tiffany sent me this picture of Destiny working on a gourd project, I’m sure […]

Mar 102024
 

In one of my earlier posts about my small town newspaper days, I mentioned a fellow named Ed, who lived in the infamous East of Snowflake area in northern Arizona. Ed was the man who wanted me to send an undercover reporter out to his property because a UFO had landed and little aliens were […]

Kid Stuff

 Posted by at 12:57 am  Nick's Blog
Mar 092024
 

The thunder rumbled and the rain poured all night Thursday, and though the thunder had pretty much stopped by noon the rain came down all day. The weatherman said there wasn’t an inch in the state of Alabama that didn’t get wet, and I believe him. It was a good day for staying inside, and […]

The Girls Are Here!

 Posted by at 1:00 am  Nick's Blog
Mar 082024
 

It seems like whenever I have to get up early in the morning to do something I might as well stay up all night, because I hardly get any sleep anyway. Mostly I toss and turn on nights like that, even though I’ve been taking ZZZ Quil sleep aid. That was the case Wednesday night, […]

Mar 072024
 

One of the nice things about living in the country is that you never know what your neighbors may show up with next. Since we moved here a year ago last January, we have had neighbors drop by to give us baked goods, plants, starter trees, invitations to their churches, and more. Yesterday morning I […]