Mar 222012

Thank you to everyone who e-mailed or sent messages wishing Terry a good report on her colonoscopy yesterday. Except for residual damage from the massive amounts of radiation she had during her cancer treatments 11 years ago, she got a very good report. And the good news is she doesn’t have to repeat the process for another 5 years. Believe me, even that will be way too soon for her!

Because we had to be at the clinic where the procedure was done at 7:30 AM, and it was 30 miles from the Pima County Fairgrounds RV Park, we had to get up very early. In fact, it wasn’t much later than when we get to bed sometimes! But we went to bed early Tuesday night, so it wasn’t quite as bad as it seems. Apparently we timed it just right because we zipped right through town on Interstate 10 and didn’t have any morning rush-hour traffic to deal with. And that was good because I had anticipated a bit of gridlock.

We got back to the motorhome about 10:30 AM and decided to lay down and take a nap. But for some reason I just couldn’t get to sleep. I tossed and turned, I had that leg twitch thing going on, and just couldn’t get comfortable. Eventually I did drop off for about half an hour, which did help.

Last week Greg took our Splendide washer/dryer combo apart and diagnosed a burned-out switch. He ordered it from a place where he got parts for his a while back, and it came in the other day. So after we got up from our nap, he came over and installed the new switch. I asked what I could do to help and he told me to stay in the front by my desk and not get in his way. Well okay then, I can slack off with the best of them! It only took Greg a few minutes to install the new switch and then he and Terry put the washer/dryer back into its cabinet and put everything back together. It works like new again. Thanks Greg. What would I do without you?

About 5:30 PM, Terry decided that she might be able to handle a bowl of soup, so we went with Greg and Jan, and Tom and Barbara to Luckie’s, a little hole in the wall Thai/Asian restaurant we discovered a while back for dinner. This place is really good, and their house fried rice with shrimp, chicken, and beef is delicious. We had a nice meal and a good time visiting with our friends.

Well I thought we were getting back to normal. Unfortunately, by the time we got back home Terry wasn’t feeling well. She’s been coughing on and off for couple of days as the evening wore on she began to get a sore throat and felt feverish. I don’t know if it’s a return of the crud we had before the rally, or another cold that’s kicking her butt. Hopefully whatever it is will pass in a couple of days.

Thought For The Day – A narcissist is someone better looking than you are – Gore Vidal.

Register Now For Our Ohio Gypsy Gathering Rally

Check Out Nick’s E-books In Our E-Book Store

Nick Russell

World-Famous, New York Times Best Selling Author, and All-Around Nice Guy!

  4 Responses to “Getting Back To Normal?”

  1. Tell Terry to start on some Zicam immediately for that cold.

  2. Feel better FAST, Terry! stevi

  3. Zicam. liquids and resting for a couple of days seems to work for me. If runny nose and/or cough are especially annoying I take some of the over the counter stuff.

    Glad that you two seem to have done well with the medical tests.

    Terry – hope you get over the cold soon.

  4. Happy to hear that the test came out good, now just get over the darn cold or what ever that crap is. Feel better soon love you guys

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>



Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.